Tumblelog by Soup.io
Newer posts are loading.
You are at the newest post.
Click here to check if anything new just came in.
jonathanfjfrey

Health-care Sector Taking A Broad Beating As Pricing Fears Grow | Fox Business

Among the XLV's most heavily-weighted members, the shares of Johnson & Johnson dropped 2.5%, of Pfizer fell 2.4% and of Merck & Co.'s slid 2.9%. Those stocks were also the worst three performers within the Dow Jones Industrial Average on Tuesday. Gilead Sciences' stock shed 3.3%. It plunged 14% on Monday, after the largest prescription-management company in the U.S., Express Scripts , dropped Gilead's Hepatitis C drug in favor a lower-priced drug from AbbVie . J.P. Morgan analyst Cory Kasimov said he had become increasingly concerned about the sustainability of branded drug pricing in the U.S.
Health-care Sector Taking a Broad Beating As Pricing Fears Grow | Fox Business

Health care leaders lobby state for improvements - ABC6 - Providence, RI and New Bedford, MA News, Weather

(AP) - Health-care leaders have asked Rhode Island's top elected officials to back efforts improving health care delivery in Rhode Island. The Providence Journal reports ( http://bit.ly/1gE23RO ) that a group convened several months ago by U.S. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., and Neil Steinberg, president and chief executive of the Rhode Island Foundation, wrote to Gov.-elect Gina Raimondo, Senate President Teresa Paiva Weed and House Speaker Nicholas Mattiello. The group says that among the goals for 2015 are developing a strategy to control costs, such as linking health-care inflation to the gross state product, a measurement of the economic output of a state. Members of the group also call for health providers, insurers, employers and consumers to collaborate with the state. It also says baseline information on health-care spending should be collected to track progress. Information from: The Providence Journal, http://www.providencejournal.com Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Health care leaders lobby state for improvements - ABC6 - Providence, RI and New Bedford, MA News, Weather

Health insurance deductible and out-of-pocket costs made simple - Yahoo Finance

Its the amount you have to pay out of your own pocket before your health plans benefits kick in. If you buy a plan with a $2,500 https://myspace.com/alex-simring deductible, you will pay for the first $2,500 of your medical expenses yourself. At that point, your plan will start paying some share of the expenses. If you go to the doctor, you might pay a flat $30 (this is called a co-pay) and the plan will pay the rest of the bill. If you have outpatient surgery, the plan might pay 80 percent and youll pay the other 20 percent (this is called coinsurance). Some plans provide some services outside the deductible.
Health insurance deductible and out-of-pocket costs made simple - Yahoo Finance

Don't be the product, buy the product!

Schweinderl